Monday, July 16, 2007
One day I was bored, and clicked on a google ad for Ann Coulter's column and signed up to see what the witch was saying. Since that point, I am on a ton of right wing hit lists promoting crap, Newt Gingrich columns (redundant I know), Bob Novak musings, and a lot of books from the Conservative Book Club, as well as titles from Regnery Press.
Think of the craziest right winger you know, and imagine for a second that he owned a publishing house. That is Regnery. Today they are offering a book newly released today by Rowan Scarborough (Even nuttier than Joe) that "proves" the CIA is a liberal commie terrorist organization that wants Osama to be the next President or something. The pinkos hate George W. Bush so much that they are deliberately making him look like an asshole so the evil doers will win.
The sad part is that many right wingers will believe this uncritically. Both that the CIA is out to get Bush, and that the Chimp would be quite successful if it wasn't for those
meddling kids traitorous liberals.
Here is a little blurb for the book, which I will not be giving the link to for obvious reasons.
In Sabotage, you'll learn:
* How CIA analysts repeatedly leak details about classified intelligence programs with the dual intent of ending them and damaging the president
* How, on at least eight occasions, intelligence officials have made serious allegations of wrongdoing against the president's men--which turned out to be false
* Why, contrary to popular belief, the CIA has become predominantly liberal
* How a CIA turf battle prevented special operators from pursuing and capturing a notorious Taliban leader
* How current and former CIA officers fueled conspiracy theories that President Bush orchestrated the 9/11 attacks on America
* How a CIA leak to the New York Times deprived the U.S. of critical information in the War on Terror
* How press leaks by the CIA have damaged relations with our foreign allies in the War on Terror
* How a CIA analyst worked with Democrats to sabotage the nomination of John Bolton to the UN
* How Clinton's downsizing of the CIA led to the closing of stations in scores of jihadist breeding grounds--including Hamburg, Germany, where the 9/11 plot was hatched
Damn those commie bastards anyways.