Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deadly Bit Torrent

In case you hadn't heard, somebody took a digital camera, photographed every page of the soon to be released Harry Potter book and released it over the internet. It turns out that Voldemort is Dick Cheney! I will not give a link. I did go to a site that had the details, and a few page scans, and it is a bit dissapointing in the end. No, there appears to be much going on in the book. But I feel that I let myself down by taking a peak and spoiling the surprise.

It's not that J.K. Rowling will be starving, but it does seem kind of tawdry to photocopy a book before it's released and put it out on the internet. It's the lets unwrap our presents the week before Christmas phenomena. Fun at the time, but leaves you hollow when the day comes, and there is less excitement.