Wednesday, June 06, 2007



Why The Posting Has Been Light The Last Day

My computer got infected with a trojan that my software didn't detect. So, I had to get some new software. It's a pain in the ass. Sometimes I really wonder about the script kids who do these things. Apparently, a file I downloaded was infected. Not sure what I downloaded other than a few games recently. Or it could have been sleeping for a while, I am not totally sure.

It's one thing, even though highly illegal, to go after "the man" with malicious code. Tossing this crap over the internet, wasting time, money, and invaluable data though is just crappy. Yes, I keep backup files. Yes, there are preventative things you can do. I am just talking about the fact that it just isn't cool.

I enjoyed living in an area that had unlocked doors, kids playing in the neighborhood, and it would be nice to do that on the internet without having to put up with crap like this. I blame microsoft for making the software so hackable, but all the same, this reminds me of the difference between graffiti art, and just tagging squiggly lines and defacing buildings to me.

Blah.