Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tag You Are It

There is this evil scourge going round the internets, where you tag one another and force the other person to reveal things about themselves and then pass the tag along to eight other people. It's sort of like a chain letter, but for geeks. I have been lucky enough to avoid such terror out of a strange mathematical quirk, but today I have been tagged by two people. Thanks Sinfonian. Thanks Ruth.

Following are the rules which I am going to humbly ignore. My toddler is waving corn dogs on a stick at the dog right now, so I will not be finding eight suckers people to pass this along to now. May this chain die a death of one thousand 404 error messages.

Here are the rules:
1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
4. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog


1. I wanted to be an egyptologist growing up. I picked up a book on the pharaohs when I was ten and managed to memorize all the dynasties. This actually lasted until I was about fifteen, and I got distracted.

2.I graduated from culinary school but didn't like working in restaurants. Gordon Ramsey is a bit caffeinated, but close to my experience. I do all the cooking at home. Mrs. Trifecta makes poached eggs about four times a year as the exception to that rule.

3.My love of reading and knowledge was not born out of healthy motives, but sibling rivalry. My brother and I would always come first and second in the summer reading program at the library dominating every other young punk. It was all about competing (We were born a year apart). We picked up useful information coincidently.

4. I am passionate, nay obsessive about soccer. I played the club circuit growing up, my club making state quarterfinals once. On Sunday, the USA beat Mexico 2-1 to win the Gold Cup. I watched... in Spanish.

5. History is my favorite subject. Santayana said something about that, but I forget what. I received a D in college in Geology. It's hard to move past it except through rationalizations.

6. My father is still on a green card. I have the right to move to Norway which might happen if there is a tragedy, such as Giuliani becoming president.

7. I enlisted in the Army at 18 when Reagan was president and getting senile. Spent three years in Alaska living with that decision.

8.I am not as angry as my online persona. This blog allows me a way to channel my outrage productively. I am snarky in meat space though. It's just who I am.