Thursday, May 17, 2007



James Dobson Refuses To Ever Vote For Giuliani

Family advocate James Dobson, widely considered an important GOP rainmaker, says he will not vote for former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani under any circumstance in the upcoming presidential elections because of his positions on abortion, domestic partnerships for homosexual couples and other moral issues.

Dobson says today in an exclusive WND column, speaking strictly as a private citizen, "I cannot, and will not, vote for Rudy Giuliani in 2008."

"It is an irrevocable decision," says the founder and chairman of Focus on the Family. "If given a Hobson's – Dobson's? – choice between him and Sens. Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama, I will either cast my ballot for an also-ran – or if worse comes to worst – not vote for the first time in my adult life."

Dobson says, "My conscience and my moral convictions will allow me to do nothing else."

Dobson also said that he would not take a shower with, or "be going Dobson" with Giuliani. But, Newt Gingrich might be SpongeDob Stickypants worthy.