Sunday, March 25, 2007



Why I Am A Defeatocrat

Kevin McCullough at the epicenter of political thought known as Townhall.com asks some important questions about democrats that need to be addressed. His thoughtful queries are devastating and made me look in the mirror this morning, and see shame welling across my face. There was also a pimple. My eyes were a bit puffy too. But anyways...

Please explain something to me. What is this obsession that liberals have with seeing America destroyed?

Why are they so intent on humiliating their fellow citizens? And why don't they have at least some modicum of pride about the greatest nation the world has ever produced?


I think it's because secretly many of us are french. We enjoy our french fries and got resentful over the whole freedom fry switchover. I personally enjoy some cabernet, Jerry Lewis movies, and secretly hope that we are taken over by the UN.

It is clear from the way they recoil when someone refers to them as "anti-American" or "unpatriotic" that there is a piece of them (however insignificantly tiny) that does not wish to be classified as such.

It is true. That secret part of me that joined the military unlike the brave keyboard warriors of the right was hoping that my service wouldn't get out. It shamed me to think that anybody would know that in a small place in my heart I loved this country.

To this day, I don't have a yellow magnet or a W sticker on my car, but I know all the lyrics to the national anthem but don't belt it out in public. I am coming out of the closet now, but it is very painful. Thank you Kevin McCullough for your sensitivity. Let's hug.

In their own echo-chamber vanity Murtha, Pelosi and company believe themselves to be smarter than the commanders of the operations in the war on terror. And they believe that we will sit mesmerized, like sheep, while they single-handedly attempt to give the terrorists a date for victory - August 31, 2008.

But they didn't just author defeat - they campaigned for it.


It's true. It's so true! The commanders were doing such a great job. Iraq was liberated, there were flowers being handed to Dick Cheney. Ken Adelman walked through a 500 foot long cake as he was greeted as the savior of the Iraqi people. In 2006, defeatocrats like myself said this goodwill to America from the grateful people of Iraq is embarassing. Let's nip this in the bud and get out of there before we get too big headed from all the thunderous applause we are receiving. I voted for these people to end the war. My shame is overwhelming.

Only a day or two earlier the "let the terrorists win" bill looked like it was in deep trouble. Some of the more socially conservative blue-dog democrats argued that it would not play well to the average citizen to be authoring a bill, and to hold hostage the paychecks of the men and women in uniform over the issue of when we give victory to the other side.


It was such a catchy title too. The "let the terrorists win" bill was such a good concept. It had pizazz. But it was so terribly wrong. If we don't stay in Iraq forever, that means the terrorists win. I used to think that letting terrorists dictate what we did would mean they won, but obviously it was an error in judgement.

So not only did the Democrats author a resolution that called for the terrorists to claim victory on August 31, 2008, not only did they twist arms of lower ranking members to get them on board, now they were willing to spend the money that you and I are sending them by way of our tax bill - to fund the effort to buy congressional members' loyalty to the concept of the terrorists winning.

Am I the only one in America that thinks this is truly, dastardly, diabolically - sick?


No, no you aren't. I vomited a little in my throat while reading your article. Does that make you feel any better?

We must be terrorized of terrorists and bogged down in a quagmire in order to defeat their ideology. Bless you Kevin. You have showed me the way. Your nurturing support has really opened my eyes.