Thursday, May 24, 2007



Those Quotable Presidents: Jefferson Vs Bush Edition

Here are some quotes from Thomas Jefferson and from President George W. Bush. In comments, if you like, tell me who said each one.
1.All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

2.My job is a job to make decisions. I'm a decision -- if the job description were, what do you do -- it's decision maker.

3. Make no mistake about it, I understand how tough it is, sir. I talk to families who die.

4.Information is the currency of democracy.

5.I think -- tide turning -- see, as I remember -- I was raised in the desert, but tides kind of -- it's easy to see a tide turn -- did I say those words?

6.The spirit of this country is totally adverse to a large military force.

7.That's George Washington, the first president, of course. The interesting thing about him is that I read three -- three or four books about him last year. Isn't that interesting?

8. No question that the enemy has tried to spread sectarian violence. They use violence as a tool to do that.

9.Books constitute capital. A library book lasts as long as a house, for hundreds of years. It is not, then, an article of mere consumption but fairly of capital, and often in the case of professional men, setting out in life, it is their only capital.

10.I am mindful of the difference between the executive branch and the legislative branch. I assured all four of these leaders that I know the difference, and that difference is they pass the laws and I execute them.