Monday, April 23, 2007



Where I Am Tough On Crime

The folks who stole Edvard Munch's "The Scream" painting got between 5 1/2 and 9 1/2 years in prison in Norway for their caper. The sentence is too light. Stealing a national treasure should require more time than these sentences one would think.

People with just a passing interest in art know that work. They happened to damage it in the process. It would be like somebody stealing the liberty bell from the US, creating a new crack, and getting 6 years.

Weird but true fact. I went to the Learning Store on an April day in 1994 and bought this cool blow up 3 foot high doll representation of "The Scream". I was in college. It matched my decor and stuff. Got home, blew the thing up then turned on MTV just in time to listen to the news just breaking that Kurt Cobain just blew his face off. I can never divorce the two images from my mind.