Thursday, March 22, 2007



Compassionate Conservatives React to Elizabeth Edwards' Illness

First let me express my deep sympathy and prayers for John and Elizabeth Edwards as well as their children and loved ones as they struggle through another bout with cancer. I actually read this news first down in the gutter at Free Republic. This is a place where mouth breathing knuckle draggers gather around one another to grunt. The second poster begged the neanderthals to behave themselves, but herding neanderthals is not an easy task. Here is some of the compassionate conservative on display at lunatic central.

--- this is beginning to sould like a publicity stunt....why wouldn't you wait till you have all the info?

C'mon, Dan, let us have a little shadenfreude. Just because a man's wife has breast cancer is no reason to suddenly get all compassionate and understanding is it?

He wasn't going to get the nomination anyway.

Edward's decision to drop out has more to do with his nearly zero chances of winning than anything to do with his wife's health.

Campaign? Is that what that was?

I will hold a good thought for his family but if that scumbag uses this down the line to bash conservatives it wouldn't surprise me.

Thank God that we aren't living under Edwards socialized medicine plan. She has a great chance for recovery.

He could be using this as a cynical ploy to get a sympathy vote later. He is a sleazy trial lawyer after all. I don't put anything past them.

Not that Edwards had a chance in hell of winning, anyway.

I am surprised he didn't blame this on Bush and his making stem cell research illegal!!!!

(I know he didn't make it illegal but that is what moonbats say!)

He could be using this as a cynical ploy to get a sympathy vote later. He is a sleazy trial lawyer after all. I don't put anything past them."

As unpleasant as it is to consider that possibilty, it is none the less, a possibilty for someone such as he.

I would hope that her cancer has not metastasized, but if it has, and he is using this as a political victim stunt, it would anger me beyond comprehension.

Two of the tags Freepers put on the story were "anti-catholic" and "liberal bigot". I bring this up because continually media state that an anonymous poster on Huffington Post or Daily Kos speak for the entire liberal movement, or they speak for Arianna or Markos whenever they say something offensive.

How many stories will we read in the papers about the offensive knuckle draggers at Free Republic? Anbody wanna take a wild guess?

Again, my thoughts are with the Edwards family today. Thankfully, I bet they don't read this crap.